After using the new Twitter layout for a full day, I have fell in love. There are a few reasons I love it:
- The forever-scrolling Twitter feed—no more clicking “more tweets.” Clicking the button was very annoying and limiting the feed to only 20 tweets minimized the information conveyed. The new feed corrects this.
- The font is modern. I have a slight obsession with fonts and I can actually name a few when I see them out in the world. Needless to say, I pay attention to fonts in every facet of life. I love the new font!
- The bio is more important. You can see everyone’s bio more often. I like this because when looking to follow more people, I can see a little more about them at a quick glance.
- The embedding of photos and videos. Finally you can view media without leaving Twitter.
- The details about each tweet. You can now find out who is mentioned, the replies to the tweet, the retweets of the tweet and more. It now feels more interactive and allows you to connect with others who found the same thing interesting as you have.
- The new “no photo” photo. The egg makes so much more sense than having the bird. The egg shows the new tweeter is a baby in the Twitterverse instead of what they are not: soaring through the Twitterverse as a flying bird. They need to learn how to fly before they can tweet.
The overall layout just makes more sense for the evolving Twitter. It was way overdue for an upgrade and Twitter has pulled through.