I was fortunate to be given an AMAZING unfiltered life experience from the beer brand, Shock Top. This experience came in the form or Camp Shock Top which partnered with Camp No Counselors to create a weekend full of laughter, fun, activities, camaraderie and insight.
Am I someone who wants to enjoy the great outdoors? Nope. Was I a little nervous for this experience? Yes. Would I want to give up this experience now that I have lived it? HELL NO. I mean, I skipped my mother’s birthday celebration to go to this Camp. If I didn’t have a perfect time, I would feel like a crappy person. THANKFULLY I have nothing but a positive feelings for the weekend’s events and whole bunch of new friends to share even more memories with in the NEAR future. Because of this, Shock Top has gained a fan for life. But not just a fan, an advocate.
Here are some lessons I learned at Camp Shock Top:
1. Never putting your sheets on your bed the whole weekend because you were too tired/drunk/lazy after all the activities is completely fine.
2. Calling out monster snorers is necessary in the most sassy way possible.
3. Don’t be afraid to just start of a conversation with anyone. We have more in common than you think.
4. The Summer Grapefruit Shock Top Shandy is by far the best.
5. If you’re going to lip sync for your life, you have to do it to “Work, Bitch” by Britney Spears.
6. Competing in a relay by being the object people carried still counts as participating.
7. You will be sore. I repeat. You will be sore.
8. Gazing at the stars without any light to obscure your view will change your perspective of how minuscule you are in the universe. Hint: even smaller than you think.
9. Banana cake wins everything.
10. You will cherish every second with everyone you meet and only wish you could relive it all over it (but refreshed and not as though you did it because sore.)
BONUS: Never stop dancing even when music is not playing.
Yep, this was my epic lip sync. You’re welcome.